Your Chrome should transfer data (blood glucose readings) to your One Drop | Mobile app when you lightly press the meter button or take a new blood glucose reading.
*** Please remember that in order to transfer data
- the One Drop | Mobile app must be updated to the most recent version (check App Store or Google Play store for updates);
- the One Drop | Mobile app must be running. We recommend keeping the app running whenever possible and NOT regularly force-quitting it for best performance;
- Bluetooth must be ON in your phone Settings;
- your Chrome must be in range (10 feet) of your phone, and;
- your Chrome must be paired to your phone (if you see ONEDROP or your meter's serial number listed in your Bluetooth Settings, then your Chrome IS paired. It is expected for it to say "Not Connected." Click here for information on how to pair your Chrome to your phone if you DON'T see ONEDROP or your Chrome's serial number. We do not recommend re-pairing your Chrome if you're having trouble with data transfer. Please try the steps below)
- Please also note that if you took any readings before you paired your Chrome, those won't transfer to the app because they don't have a time/date associated with them on the meter. A reading needs a time/date on the meter in order to transfer to the app, and it's the pairing process that gives the meter the time/date.
If the above conditions are all satisfied and your Chrome won't transfer data, follow the steps below in order to get the readings to transfer into the One Drop app. And don't panic! All your readings are safe on your meter and it will all transfer the next time.
1) Don't do anything. Let the meter turn off. Count to 30. Try DATA TRANSFER again by pressing the meter button OR taking a new blood glucose reading.
2) Force quit the app by double tapping the home button and swiping the app up and off the screen. Count to 30. Re-open the app. Count to 30. Try DATA TRANSFER again by pressing the meter button OR taking a new blood glucose reading.
3) Turn Bluetooth off on your phone. Count to 30. Turn it back on. Count to 30. Try DATA TRANSFER again by pressing the meter button OR taking a new blood glucose reading.
4) You're all set! ☆
** Please DO NOT try any of these steps, as they will hurt your meter.**
- DO NOT forget the meter in your phone's Bluetooth settings
- DO NOT remove the meter from the app
- DO NOT put the meter into pairing mode to force a connection by holding down the meter button
Please email email@example.com if you need further assistance.